Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Golden Mornings


This is a sunset from The Point on Oahu, just a little ways away from the BYU-Hawaii campus. This was actually a couple of mornings before I submitted my paperwork to go on a mission. A pretty appropriate picture for the time period of my life. Oahu is awesome. Golden mornings and unique foods and culture will be enough to keep you smiling the whole trip. You should definitely read up on the best place to stay and eat but just if you're wondering, I'll give you a quick list. I stayed there for a few months studying at BYU - Hawaii in Laie and figured some things out. The Kahuku shrimp trucks are a must, they're in the north part of the island. Also, there's pipeline up there, a big surfing spot, and a little town called Haleiwa which is where Matsumoto's shaved ice is. It's seriously the best ever. Try everything there. Also if you want to buy a board or some surf gear or even a long board there is a place called Surf n Sea just down the road from Matsumoto's that has some good stuff. Turtle Bay is awesome, I stayed there for a week and absolutely loved it. Everything else I'm sure you'll figure out for yourself. Oh and if you know anyone who can take you to the hike called "stairway to heaven" do it. It's a life changer.


No comments:

Post a Comment